Sunday 29 June 2014

Assignment - Type Families

These activities are all about typefaces, was actually really interesting, usually you look at text quickly for the purpose of reading it but was interesting to stop and analyze each letter individually as well as how they work together.


I chose the faces of 6 celebrities and then picked a typeface I thought matched


I was given the pictures of the shoes and had to match the type to each shoe



I had to create an table in indesign and using the 7 types of typeface categories pick 
3 examples for each
In the second part I needed to research famous typographers and choose one then type the alphabet in lower and uppercase. In my example lower and upper case look exactly the same but I thought that was interesting and the typeface was too cool not to use! lol

In the last activity we needed to retype paragraphs of text and showcase each letter of the alphabet both upper and lower case along with the numbers in the typeface the paragraph was about. 
We chose the layout we wanted to use but all five pages needed to have the same layout.









No comments:

Post a Comment