Wednesday 5 March 2014

Inspirations


An activity from the course asked me to post 5 things that I am inspired by

Walt Disney

From a young age Walt Disney has inspired me to draw and be creative and has taught me that imagination has no limits. Watching black and white cartoon transform into colour and into the vibrant animation it is today is the biggest inspiration that there are no limits and dreams can become reality.



My Family


My two boys Zac and Tyson and my daughter Lillie


The biggest inspiration in my life would be family. My children inspire me everyday with the way they think, the way they act and what they say. They have inspired me in so many ways and there is nothing better than when we can be creative together. 
My eldest son Zac loves Lego and we have spent a lot of time together constructing all sorts of things . Tyson enjoys to sing and is interested in learning guitar and expressing himself through music. Both of the boys are into gaming and they were my main inspiration to create my Youtube Channel. My daughter loves to draw (sometimes in places she shouldn't lol) but that is something her and I can share together. 


Comic Books

As a child we didn't have all the gaming systems and technology of today so I spent a lot of my time reading comics and still enjoy to do this now. I remember thinking that I would love to be someone that drew the comics and looked up to them as an idol I guess you would say. Similar to Walt Disney the way the drawings are brought to life from comic book to animation is amazing and inspiring.




Anime - Naruto Shippuden

I find Anime in general to be inspiring but one of my favourites is Naruto. I am attracted to the style and the story. Each character has its own individual style and in depth personality and the series has a lot of relatable story lines. I love the way it can deliver such a strong story through simplistic drawings and narration. It's inspiring to watch and know that this was once an idea someone had and now it's been brought to life. 




Musical inspirations

Music inspires me in a completely different way. It changes the way I feel and in turn can change my mood and the way I am thinking or my perspective on something. I use music to inspire me alot with my drawing and artwork. I also use music as a way of expressing myself through song writing and playing guitar.
I enjoy all types of music but some of my favourite artists would be Ed Sheeran, Chris Brown, Eminem and Limp Bizkit. As you can see they are all different types of artists but the one thing they have in common is the emotional attachment and messages they can deliver through their songs. I need to be able to relate to what I am listening to to be able to enjoy it and find inspiration in it.





No comments:

Post a Comment